Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tip: Organizing kitchen utensils

I don't like having my utensils in a drawer. Too disorganized.

For several years I had a white flower pot on the counter with all my utensils standing up inside it like a bunch of flowers. Then I found a clear plastic Brita pitcher and put all the utensils inside. It was lighter in weight and I could see inside the pitcher to see the handle of the utensil I wanted. But in both cases, it was difficult putting the clean utensils in and getting them out because they always got tangled.

Then this past week I obtained (through Freecycle.org) an over-the-door shoe organizer. Perfect! My basement door is very close to my stove, and I can use each compartment for related items: ladles, slotted spoons, whisks, rubber scrapers, pancake turners, etc. Here's a photo:



Andrea

1 comment:

  1. I'm always on the look out for good organizational tips. Lately though my organizational activities have tended towards having less stuff in general. I've gotten my cooking utensils down to four items used daily: spatula, tongs, spoon, slotted spoon. A drawer holds the garlic press and a whisk. An adorable oval and upright knife holder contains the best knives I could afford, to make preparation easy. This is in my permanent RV. In my van I've got a similar kit in the kitchen box, for traveling.

    Today I'm doing even more downsizing. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete