Saturday, March 8, 2008

Compare sizes and prices when shopping

Pay attention to pricing and you could save a few bucks. I expected that family sizes and packages of several items would be priced lower per unit. Ha!

Instead, I noticed that when I wanted to buy a 1.8 kg box of frozen lasagna for $14.99, that two boxes of 900 gram lasagna (same item, same mfr., same quantity) cost $6.99 each or $1.01 less than the family size box. What I liked is that I could cook one and store one.

I also found that I could buy 4 separate single use cameras for $1.00 less than if I bought the package of 4 identical cameras. So you're paying more to have only one item in your shopping cart. And you're paying less for more packaging. It's the opposite of my thinking, and perhaps yours too. But the one advantage to paying more, if you can call it one: having 4 cameras count as one item could get you into the "8 Items or Fewer" line. (And yes, fewer is the correct word.)

Have you entered my Handy Ande contest to have me work for you, your household or your business yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment